top of page

OLIBANUM Resin | Boswellia frereana

 

Welcome to Sacred Plants Australia.

 

We greet you in the love and light.

 

We currently have available:

 

OLIBANUM Resin - Coptic Frankincense - Boswellia frereana

 

Available in 25g and 50g packs.

 

Our medicinal grade Olibanum Resin possesses a high quality aromatic profile and is 100% pure.

 

Our Olibanum resin is sustainably harvested from ancient Boswellia frereana trees from the arid plains of Somalia. The resin from this region is regarded as the purest and highest quality available in the world. The fragrant aroma of Olibanum is described as sweet and woody. A truly heavenly scent. Great for use during meditation, ceremony and for medicinal applications.

 

FAST & FREE POSTAGE

 

Yes! We offer Fast & Free postage.

 

SPECIAL NOTE

 

We do not advocate the use of any resin in any particular way. We aim to support and encourage education around the traditional use of sacred plants. All information herein is provided for historical, educational and research purposes only.

 

QUESTIONS

 

If you have any questions, please get in touch. We will get back to you as soon as we can.

 

Have a fantastic day and thank you for supporting our passion and our purpose.

 

Love & Light

 

Sacred Plants Australia

OLIBANUM Resin | Boswellia frereana

SKU: Olibanum Resin Boswellia Frereana
PriceFrom AU$13.50
  • Boswellia frereana is a small evergreen tree growing up to 8m tall, though usually smaller. The plant has a very long history of human use with evidence that it was used by the ancient Egyptians over 3,500 years ago. It is often cultivated and harvested from the wild for its aromatic resin known as Olibanum.

     

    Boswellia frereana is a species of plant native to Somalia where the locals call it ‘Dhidin’ or ‘Maydi’. It is often revered by locals as ‘the King of all Frankincense’. In the West, Olibanum is sometimes called ‘Coptic Frankincense’. This is the type and grade of Olibanum used by the Coptic Church of Egypt.

     

    Other than its incense uses, it has a long history of medicinal applications as well. Its often made into an oil or paste and directly applied to sore joints to treat inflammation and arthritis.

     

    Currently 80% of worlds premium quality Olibanum resin production is sold direct to Saudi Arabian markets where it is traditionally purchased by Muslim pilgrims as gifts. The remaining 20% is sold to other markets around the world.